Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Power of Networking

I just attended the Women's Leadership Exchange, www.womensleadershipexchange.com, in Long Beach. It was a long day--I left home at 6:30 am and got home at 10:00 pm.

My business coach, Dennis McCue, www.dynamicfirm.com, says I go to too many meetings and seminars. I appreciate his concern, but he's never been to a WLE, NAWBO, www.nawbola.org, or Make Mine a Million $ Business, www.makemineamillion.org, event.

It's at these events that I get my inspiration and new ideas. So many small business owners toil alone, or nearly so, and it's at these seminars and events that we meet kindred spirits who are going through the same issues we are. So yes, it's about learning, and yes, it's about networking, but it's also about reaching out, sharing ideas, and reinvigorating ourselves for the endurance race of building a small (soon to be large) business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home