Thursday, August 17, 2006

My BFF the Credit Card

Who knew my BFF (best friend forever) would be a credit card company?

I wasn't sure which AmEx card to apply for, so I called Debra Filtzer, our Count Me In OPEN rep, https://home.americanexpress.com/home/smallbusiness.shtml, on the telephone, and she sent me some information and a link which helped me to select the Business Platinum card as the best fit for me. She let me know about a $250 statement credit that was offered so that the card fee of $300 for the first year would be almost completely offset....letting me try on a premium card for size without a huge risk on my part.

Like, when was the last time you got personal service from a gigantic credit card company? Frankly, I was shocked, but that was just the beginning.

I was assigned an account manager....who answered the phone in person when I phoned with questions. Amazing. Then when my card arrived, it had a great booklet with it explaining the benefits--not some skinny piece of paper written in 4 point type. I'll actually use the benefits since I know about all of them, unlike most cards I carry.

I called the AmEx travel services and they were able to get me a 2 cabin upgrade and bottle of champagne when I booked my cruise through them. No extra charge, same great rate as offered on the cruise web site.

Between the fantastic--and I mean fantastic---personal service and card benefits, I am truly an OPEN by American Express fan. Lest I appear a cheap shill for one of the program's sponsors: As a business owner, I balked at accepting AmEx initially because their processing percentage is about twice that of Master Card or Visa....but I figured that I'd accept wooden nickels if it helped clients to pay, so I decided to take AmEx. Clients LOVE paying with it (and when I see the membership rewards points benefits I now understand why) and now I'm a believer!

What a great sponsor! Hooray for OPEN by American Express!

That they were ready to believe in a little company with an ambitious mission like mine, www.peace-talks.com, is really important to me. I've heard the same thing from other business owners, too--that American Express was the first company that gave them business credit, and the first company that believed in them......http://www.peace-talks.com/divorcemediation/index.php when you visit my blog, you'll hear all about it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home