Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Since the Awards, August 2006

Has it really been only 2 months? A lot has happened, all of it good!

Cisco: Peace Talks, www.peace-talks.com, is one of the 5 recipients of the Cisco Smart Business Communications Solutions award. http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/2006/prod_073106.html This is very exciting, given that our current networking technology is…..well, non-existent. This award comes at a key time: we may be on the verge of expanding our business to serve a national market, and our technology has to be set up to support that opportunity. The way I see it, mediation is an innovative way to resolve conflict. Cisco’s Smart Business Communications solutions will launch our ability to reach and serve couples in conflict seamlessly whether they’re in our office or halfway across the world.

Coaching: I’ve been working with my coach on networking. She’s helping me to evaluate what’s worth my time and paired to my talents and what’s not. Scared Me wants to hide behind the web site, since that’s where most of our business comes from, but Smart Me knows that I need to diversity where our referrals come from, and that by sitting in my office I’m never going to be able to make the kinds of connections that I need to make Peace Talks a thriving, multi-location mediation service. She’s been incredibly helpful in pointing out to me where I’m shining and how to maximize those opportunities. When I don’t know what the next move is, she’s there to troubleshoot with me. All in all, it’s been incredibly helpful. Now it’s time to put it into action! www.coachconnection.com, www.coachwilla.com.

Mentoring: Count Me In was able to hook me up with a professional ad copyrighter, Paige Dawson, http://www.mpdventures.com/, to help me with a one-sheet for Peace Talks. http://www.provisors.com/members/1sheets/Mercer-Diana.pdf It gets harder and harder to write my own copy; the more I do it, the harder it gets to understand what others might think are the most important value, benefits and results of mediation. Between my coach and the mentor, this project is really on track. Better yet, it’s on track in a way that I just couldn’t have accomplished on my own.

OPEN by American Express: Who knew my next best friend would be a credit card company? https://home.americanexpress.com/home/smallbusiness.shtml. Debra Filtzer, a Senior Manager at American Express, seemed to take a personal interest in helping me choose a credit card. Excuse me, but when was the last time a big company made a personal effort to help? I am very impressed. Apparently the OPEN accounts also come with personal account managers. Each time I’ve called, I get an actual person who answers the phone, and not a voicemail loop. I am amazed. Goodbye, United Mileage Plus Visa, and hello American Express Business Platinum!

Connections: I find myself re-energized for all things business with the connections I’m making with the Make Mine a $Million winners. www.makemineamillion.org. We’ve been circulating photos, participating in the conference calls, and using each others’ services (Apple’s Bakery Cookies www.applesbakery.com, have made a real impression in Los Angeles legal circles!) and I’ve even been reading the blogs. It’s so nice to know that there is a group of folks going through the same sorts of things that I am, and that I have a place where I can turn to when I’m struggling. It’s so easy when it’s easy, but when things get tough it’s hard to reach out. So thank you, everyone: winners, staff, mentors, coaches, Cisco, American Express, and now, friends.

Want to hear more about what we're doing here at Peace Talks? Visit our blog: http://www.peace-talks.com/divorcemediation/index.php

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home